Oli Mahmud Architects (oma) is architectural design studio established in 2006. Evolving socio-cultural landscape with technological advancement, urge for new breed of living environment. Relationship between human, city & environment have new dimension. To keep the balance between the relationship oma endeavor to respond through the interference of emotion. We believe form and function follows emotion, where nature and human experience play vital roles.
Oma has completed numbers of project including Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Hall & Bangamata Fazilatunnesa Mujib Hall, Indigenous Training Institute, Niketon Gateway, Shahida Tower, Bashontopur Tower, Jahrul Islam Memorial Complex, Street Revamp etc.
Design research by oma, Lichen City – has been featured at Museum of Applied Arts (MAK) at Vienna; Degree of Urbanism – has been presented at UIA world congress at Tokyo in 2011.
- Nomination – Berger Awards for Excellence in Architecture – Shahida Tower.
- Winner – 100 architects of the year 2012 – Korean Institute of Architects (KIA) and International Union of Architects (UIA) – Shahida Tower.
- Nomination – Berger Awards for Excellence in Architecture – Indigenous Training Institute.
- Winner – International Union of Architects (UIA) World Congress, Tokyo, Japan – Degree of Urbanism.
- Honorable Mention – Lichen City – Project Vienna.
- Highly Commended – Cityscape Awards in Community Future Category – Indigenous Training Institute.
- 100 architects of the year 2012 – Culture Station Seoul 284 – 2013.
- 100 architects of the year 2012, Korean Architecture Festival – Korean Institute of Architects (KIA) & UIA.
- Singapore Architecture Festival – 2011, Singapore.
- Urban Inventions – UIA World congress 2011, Tokyo, Japan.
- Street 2020, Tallinn vision – Estonian Architecture Museum, Tallinn Architecture Biennale (TAB), Estonia.
- Bridges To a More Positive Future by Experimental Design– Palácio Quintela, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Project Vienna—A Design Strategy. How to React to a City? – MAKDesign Space.
- Cityscape Global Exhibition – World Trade Center, Duba, UAE.
- Design proposals of Bangladesh Liberation War Museum – National Museum, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Another living architecture for Dhanmondi in 2020 – Alliance Francaise, Dhaka, Bangladesh.